Today I found a list of 10 things you can do with a fork in an old issue of Martha Stewart Living. Does anyone else love that magazine as much as I do? I always pull pages out of magazines if I want to make the recipe, craft, etc. When I'm done reading Martha I seriously have no magazine left and a huge pile of paper. Anyway, I guess I knew you could do all these things with a fork, but it was interesting to see it all written out. Also, I have a huge affinity for lists. You may remember my Lemon Love and Earth Day posts ;) So, here we go:
1. Reaming: Insert the tines into halved citrus fruits to extract juice.
2. Pricking: Make holes in piecrusts or potatoes before baking.
3. Crimping: Decorate a raw piecrust by pressing tines along the edge.
4. Whisking: Whip eggs for omelets and other dishes.
5. Mashing: Crush berries for a sauce or bananas for banana bread.
6. Decorating: Make a crosshatch pattern on cookies of sides of a cake.
7. Dipping: Lower nuts, fruits, or cookies into melted chocolate.
8. Scraping: Carve out spaghetti squash or make granita.
9. Spearing: Lift pickles from a jar and waffles from the waffle iron. Hold meat when slicing.
10. Testing: Check if boiled potatoes are cooked through.
Oh and I haven't given you any pictures of him lately and this post was lacking pictures. You're welcome:
Not sure why this picture is so big, but I figured no one would mind....
Have a great day!!