After last week's very pessimistic post about things that I am sick of, I thought I would take another one of Mama Kat's suggestions and write about 10 things that make me happy!
1. Having a house makes me really happy. I love to keep it clean. Yes I know I'm an oddity. I like to decorate for the seasons and change things up too. Mostly though, I just like knowing that it's mine :)
2. Blogging make me really happy. I totally didn't expect to get such joy out of blogging when I first started. It really has been something I look forward to everyday. It's nice to have a way to document my life and I like that friends and family who I don't see all the time can read to keep up me! And of course, I like all the blogs I read and the new "friends" I have met.
3. Cooking. This should be obvious. I love cooking! I like to make things for people as a sign of affection and my hubby loves it too. Lets get real though....I mostly just like to eat.
4. Gardening has recently became something that I really enjoy. Since having a house I have loved getting to know different flowers and watching what everything turns into! Here's a picture I took this morning out the window, because the weather isn't so good here today:
5. I really like to read. I come and go with how much I actually read, but when I get into a book I can rarely put it down. I don't know why it takes me so long to actually start one. I don't have a favorite but I am still really enjoying reading the series I wrote about here.
6. Babies also make me really happy. I don't have any yet, but nothing can make be smile faster than a squishy little baby.
7. Traveling. I don't do it much, but when we do go somewhere it is so exciting! I travelled to Europe for 2 months in high school, and I still have super fond memories of it. I would love love love to go to Italy or back to the Dominican and lay right here:
8. Menu planning makes me happy and also keeps me sane. I know it's really weird that I would add this but I am able to save money this way by not wasting and make more unique and varied meals because I actually have time to plan them. I also really hate going to the grocery store, so not having to go all the time makes me happy too :)
9. My friends and family. It sounds cliche but they really do make me so happy everyday. Whether it's my mom or my girlfriends, I love spending time with all of them.
10. And the best for last. My hubby. He makes me the happiest. I love all the time we spend together, especially the boring couch snuggles where he lets me watch all the Jeopardy and Real Housewives I want.
To check out what makes others happy or more assignments go see Mama Kat here!!!
Have a great day!!!!