Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Baked Macaroni with Chicken

I used to make this all the time, because it's one of my husband's favorite.  However, I kind of forgot about it and haven't made it in a long time. I made it last night though and it was very tasty!  I wouldn't say that it is incredibly flavorful but I like it because it's really comforting. Also, it's a breeze to make and pretty healthy.  

Ingredients:

1 box macaroni *see my note below the pictures for an alternative
2 boxes chopped frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
4 eggs
1/2 cup onion, minced
1 cup parmesan cheese
1 cup mozzarella cheese
salt and pepper to taste
you're favorite tomato sauce (optional)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375.  Poach chicken by simmering in salted water until cooked through.  (You could use any type of chopped chicken.  Rotisserie, left over, baked, etc)  Boil noodles.  

In a separate bowl beat eggs and mix in spinach, onion, parmesan, salt, and pepper. Once chopped chicken and noodles have cooled a little mix those in too.  

Place everything in a sprayed casserole dish and top with mozzarella.  Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.



I like to serve mine with Vodka sauce :)


***Okay a note about the noodles.  You could also use spaghetti and bake it in a well sprayed bundt pan.  Then remove the noodles onto a plate.  Serve the sauce in the hole.  I have done this before but didn't have any spaghetti.  I think it's more fun for kids and a nicer presentation if you're having guests.***

To see more yumminess check out Tasty Tuesday here and Tempt My Tummy Tuesday here :)

Have a great day!!



Macaroni and Cheese on Foodista

11 comments:

  1. Yum! My hubby always wants me to make homemade Mac and Cheese but I never do it because I remember not liking it when I was a kid. Maybe this will be a good compromise for us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a fantastic go to casserole,and both simple and delicious at the same time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that looks fabulous, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. can't wait to try this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds great! Thanks for sharing and linking up to TMTT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the fresh idea of adding in the spinach. I hadn't thought of it. Nice!

    Thanks for stopping over my way! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks so yummy! I love the spinach in there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks just perfect for me. Something I would totally make. I'll have to remember it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ohhh......this is my kind of food....i have made it without the eggs..this way it looks yum.
    came here for the first time n liked it........

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks especially good with the vodka sauce.. I LOVE vodka sauce!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, I followed you from the foodieblogroll and I have to say your baked macaroni with spinach AND chicken looks so delicious!!! Hope you wont mind,I'd love to guide our readers to your site, just add this foodista widget to this post and it's all set to go, Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much commenting! It really brightens my day!