Thursday, February 26, 2009

Welcome!

So I decided to make a blog...

I've been kind of resistant because I was unsure how much I actually had to write about. However, in reading others I think it would be neat to have a "diary" of sorts.  Also, it would be nice to comment without seeming like an anonymous creeper.  So welcome to my little life in West Michigan.  If you've ever met anyone from Michigan and they want to tell you where they live they hold up their hand (like a mitten) and point.  It's really quite characteristic of a true Michigander.  Or is it Michiganian?  Whatever. 

This blog will basically be about all things that I love.  I'm a married 20-something girl living in a 50's housewife's body.  I love to cook, bake, be at home, and think about eventually having a baby. I'm originally from Ann Arbor and although I live in West Michigan, my Ann Arbor ways have followed me.  Somewhere between 10 and 20 times a day I ponder what it would be like to have a Whole Foods or Trader Joe's.  This would be both a blessing and a curse.  I love to play the "grocery game" which I'm sure I will tell you about in a later.  "Grocery Game" and Whole Foods are NOT friends.  However, I still proudly sport my Whole Foods green bags around Meijer.  Maybe I think that one day a developer will see it in Meijer and think we need a Whole Foods too.  A girl can dream.  

Thanks for reading!!!!


6 comments:

  1. ashley...welcome to the blogosphere! It looks as though you have an excellent start with a perfect attitude!
    I'll be back to read you again soon!
    ~AM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow a new blogger. Welcome to blog world. The nice thing is if you ever get a bad comment, you can always delete it/ I have been blogging for two years now and I have only had to delete two comments. Watch out for posts that say "check this out...click here" Those need to be delted. Just tell it like it is. I have never been to Michigan but I have been across the water. A good attitude is everything. You will do well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Greg! I hope I don't get too much spam...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Watch out! I love Whole Foods!!!

    Welcome to blogging world. Thanks for stalking me. I'm returning the favor!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome and thanks for stopping by my blog! can't wait to learn more about you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have one Whole Foods. I didn't know it wasn't a "new whole foods" until I went to one, in Florida, last January. Oh, we are missing out. My Whole Foods in 40 miles away. I'm thankful and I don't think its THAT far. I bet I'd drive farther.

    I am from California, and I miss Trader Joe's. There are a couple of fun stores, like this, but smaller, in Richmond, that I enjoy, when I'm up, in Virginia.

    I know nothing about the mitten, for direction. I don't think I've been to Michigan or the Very North Eastern US. Someday..

    Welcome to Blogging.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much commenting! It really brightens my day!