Monday, December 28, 2009

Menu Plan 12/28 - 1/2

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! Ours was super busy full of visiting family, driving, and eating!  On Christmas Eve we went to my Dad's side of the family to have prime rib and presents. Some of you know that my dad passed away when I was little. However, we still spend Christmas Eve with his family, which is really important to me.  I only have one cousin on that side of the family, so it's great to see her whenever I get the chance. After dinner we go drive around to look at lights and sing along (loudly) to Christmas songs.  So fun! I got an amazing cake dome from Crate & Barrel that I can't wait to use:



Christmas day was spent at Hubby's family in the morning then we quickly went to my mom's to open presents and have breakfast.  Later in the day we went to Hubby's grandma's to have dinner.  His grandma gave me her old cordial glasses and some fabulous cookie cutters.  I am so excited about the glasses!

This weeks menu plan is a little crazy because we are having a party on Saturday and I have LOTS of food to cook :)  So I am trying to make the rest of the week as easy as possible.  I will be posting some of the recipes I'm making for the party, so check back later.  Here is what I have so far:

Monday:  Asian Spring Rolls (I'll be posting this recipe with pictures tomorrow)







Wednesday:  Chicken Squares





Thursday:  Yummy New Years Eve dinner with just my hubby before going to a friend's party.  We're having crab legs and steak.  I'm also making broccoli with this vinaigrette:


Broccoli with Balsamic Vinaigrette
Serves 6


Ingredients:


2 lb broccoli, cut into florets
1/4 cup olive oil
1 1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
3/4 tsp dijon mustard
1 tsp garlic, finely minced
fresh pepper
salt
1 lemon

Directions:


Bring a large pot of water to a boil with a tablespoon of salt.  When at a strong boil, add in broccoli and cook for 3-5 minutes.  I like mine with a little bite to it so I do about 3 minutes.  Drain broccoli and rinse with cool water.  Place in a serving bowl.

In the meantime, whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, dijon mustard, garlic, pepper to taste, and 1 tsp salt.  Pour dressing over broccoli and squeeze lemon over the top.  I like to eat this at room temperature, but I think cold or hot would be good too.


Friday:  Pizza....because it's oh so easy :)


Saturday:  Party!!

Sorry for the jumbled plan but I will have recipes later in the week!

To check out more plans join in on the Menu Plan Monday fun here.

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much commenting! It really brightens my day!