The lovely Lucy over at Lucy's Life did a wonderful post about her decade "in review". I was amazed that she could remember all that so I thought I'd give it a try. I had such a hard time thinking of everything, but I'm so glad I did! Although I'm sure I missed a ton, this is nice to have :)
- Started my Sophomore year of high school.
- Went to a bunch of NSYNC concerts.
- Was that all I did???
- Turned 16 in Disney World. Magical :)
- Got my first car: a Ford Escort in Blue. I loved it!
- Went to see Dave Matthew's Band at Comerica Park in Detroit.
- Continued my love of NSYNC by seeing them on the "Pop Odyssey" tour....twice
- Started my Junior Year of high school.
- Found out about 9/11 while sitting in my German Class. Horrible day for America.
- Went to NYC for the first time and saw "Rent" & the "Lion King".
- Went to Germany to visit an exchange student friend of mine for 2 months. We went to Paris, Amsterdam, and my favorite, Norway.
- Started my Senior year of high school.
- Very confused about where to go to college.
- Graduated High School.
- Saw Bob Dylan & the Grateful Dead in concert as a graduation gift from my uncle.
- Decided very very late to go to Grand Valley State University.
- Lost my Grandma "Oma".
- Started College.
- There was only one girl in high school who I really had a hard time getting along with...she was my "suite-mate"....unexpectedly.
- Went in to the dorms "blind", but met my wonderful roommate, Kerri, who I am still friends with now.
- Met my future hubby and had a little crush on him but thought he was too "country" for this Ann Arbor girl.
- Started dating a different guy who was the total opposite of me...some good, mostly bad :)
- Went to Las Vegas and the Grand Canyon with my Mom and LOVED it!
- Developed my fear of driving in the snow after having to drive the 2 hour drive home from college for the holidays that actually took 6.
- Went to my first rodeo with my future hubby and some other friends.
- Snuck away to Chicago for the first time to visit "different guy". We fought. But, I did fall in love with Chicago!
- Decided that my major in college was to be "Hospitality & Tourism Management". I loved it, but I wish I would have thought of something a little more practical.
- Got really into my love of cooking and baking.
- Ended relationship with "different guy".
- Started dating the love of my life in August. Best move ever.
- Lost my Grandpa "Opa".
- Went to NYC for 2nd time with my cousin and aunt during Christmas time. So cool!
- Turned 21 while at Disney World/Caribbean Cruise with my roommate, Heidi.
- Moved out of college apartments and rented awesome historic house with friends.
- Got engaged in October to my love.
- Mourned the 10 year death of my dad. Miss him everyday.
- Moved into Hubby and I's first apartment.
- Graduated College.
- Got married to the love of my life in October.
- Blessed to have a new family with two brothers, a mom, and a dad :)
- Went to Punta Cana on our Honeymoon and had the most relaxing week of my life.
- Moved out of our first apartment and bought a house.
- Lost my job two days after closing on house...
- Fulfilled a dream and started a new "job".
- Celebrated our first anniversary by going wine tasting in Traverse City.
Resolutions to come tomorrow!